Western Sydney Stadium
Closure of Parramatta Swimming Centre
Parramatta Swimming Centre has closed to make way for the new stadium.
View our interactive map to find out where you can keep swimming or download our swim school directory.
We have developed an Interim Recreation Swimming Pool Management Plan to ensure interim arrangements are in place for all pool users.
Stage two planning application
The Environmental Impact Statement for stage two (covering detailed design, construction and operation) was on public exhibition from Thursday 9 March to Friday 7 April.
A Response to Submissions Report has been prepared to respond to issues raised and can be found on the Major Projects website of the Department of Planning and Environment, along with the full suite of EIS documents.
Construction of the new Stadium will commence following demolition and receipt of stage two planning approval.
Demolition of the old Pirtek and Parramatta Swimming Centre is now complete and earthworks underway.
Our working hours will be from:
- 7am to 6pm, Monday to Friday
- 8am to 1pm on Saturdays
Construction of the new stadium is expected to start in late 2017, subject to planning approvals.
Read our March 2017 project update for more information.
Artist impressions of the new Western Sydney Stadium
The new Western Sydney Stadium is part of the $1.6 billion stadia strategy to improve sporting infrastructure across the state. The new Western Sydney Stadium will:
- be able to cater for bigger crowds, provide an improved game day experience and bring major benefits to the Western Sydney economy
- generate approximately 1,200 jobs during construction and between 600 and 900 jobs once operational for sporting event days and major events
- cater for a range of sporting and community uses within the precinct.
The new Western Sydney Stadium will be used for a range of sports including rugby league, football, rugby union and a range of other events such as concerts, markets and fairs. The new Western Sydney Stadium will have:
- comfortable seating for 30,000 people and high-quality food and beverage facilities
- five levels of premium, corporate and function spaces big screens, advanced technology including wifi and broadcast facilities
- improved security and administration along with improved pedestrian and public plazas areas and landscaping around the stadium.
Stage one planning approval
Planning approval has been granted for stage one of the new stadium which includes the concept design for the new stadium and demolition of the existing Pirtek Stadium. The determination and conditions of approval can be viewed here.
Lendlease has been awarded to the contract to design and construct the new stadium. Demolition of the old stadium and Parramatta War Memorial Pool is expected to start in March 2017. We will keep the community updated on the start of work.
The Environmental Impact Statement for Stage one (concept proposal and stage one demolition works) was on public exhibition from 21 July to 19 August 2016. A Preferred Project Report has been prepared which addresses all the submissions received. The report can be viewed here.
Find out more
A range of information about the key issues addressed in the Environmental Impact Statement is available.
February 2017 Project update - Start of demolition work
January 2017 Project update - Site establishment
About the new Western Sydney Stadium
Planning Process and Concept Plan
Stadium access and transport
If you have an enquiry or comment about the project, please contact the project team.
Phone: 1800 962 221